Album: COUNTRY MUSIC 50S
Password : nich
By the early 1950s a blend of Western swing, country boogie, and honky tonk was played by most country bands. Western music, influenced by the cowboy ballads and Tejano music rhythms of the southwestern U.S. and northern Mexico, reached its peak in popularity in the late 1950s, most notably with the song "El Paso", first recorded by Marty Robbins in September 1959.
The country music scene largely kept the music of the folk revival and folk rock at a distance, despite the similarity in instrumentation and origins (see, for instance, The Byrds' negative reception during their appearance on the Grand Ole Opry). The main concern was politics: the folk revival was largely driven by progressive activists, a stark contrast to the culturally conservative audiences of country music. Only a handful of folk artists, such as Burl Ives, John Denver and Canadian musician Gordon Lightfoot, would cross over into country music after the folk revival died out.
During the mid-1950s a new style of country music became popular, eventually to be referred to as rockabilly.
Country music stars in the early 1950s included Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Bill Monroe, Eddy Arnold, Gene Autry, Tex Ritter, Jim Reeves, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Chet Atkins and Kitty Wells.
01. Eddy Arnold - Cuddle Buggin' Boogie (1950)
02. Ernest Tubb& Red Foley - Goodnight Irene (1950)
03. Little Jimmy Dickens - Hillbilly Fever (1950)
04. Hank Snow - I'm Movin' On (1950)
05. Hank Williams - Long Gone Lonesome (1950)
06. Hank Williams - Why Don't You Love Me (1950)
07. Hank Williams - Cold Cold Heart (1951)
08. Del Wood - Down Yonder (1951)
09. Hank Williams - Hey Good Lookin' (1951)
10. The Weavers & Terry Gilkyson - On Top Of Old Smoky (1951)
11. Patti Page - The Tennessee Waltz (1951)
12. Ray Price - Crazy Arms (1952)
13. Kitty Wells - It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels (1952)
14. Hank Williams - Jambalaya (1952)
15. Hank Williams - Moanin The Blues (1952)
16. Hank Thompson - Wild Side Of Life (1952)
17. Webb Pierce - The Last Waltz (1953)
18. Hank Williams - Your Cheatin' Heart (1953)
19. Ray Price - I'll Be There (If You Ever Want Me) (1954)
20. Ray Price - Release Me (1954)
21. Tennessee Ernie Ford - Ballad Of Davy Crockett (1955)
22. Slim Whitman - Cattle Call (1955)
23. Carl Smith - Kisses Don't Lie (1955)
24. Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen Tons (1955)
25. Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love (1956)
26. Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel (1956)
27. Elvis Presley - Hound Dog (1956)
28. Elvis Presley - I Forgot To Remember To Forget (1956)
29. Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line (1956)
30. Elvis Presley - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (1956).mp3
31. Elvis Presley - Mystery Train (1956)
32. Marty Robbins - Singing The Blues (1956)
33. Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight (1956)
34. Sonny James - Young Love (1956)
35. Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation) (1957)
36. Ferlin Husky - Gone (1957)
37. Jimmie Rodgers - Kisses Sweeter Than Wine (1957)
38. Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (1957)
39. Hank Locklin - Geisha Girl (1958).
40. Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire (1958).
41. Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman (1958)
42. Ricky Nelson - My Bucket's Got A Hole In It (1958)
43. Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me (1958)
44. Bill Justis - Raunchy (1958).
45. Marty Robbins - El Paso (1959)
46. Ray Price - Heartaches By The Number (1959)
47. Wilburn Brothers - Somebody's Back In Town (1959)
48. Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans (1959)
49. Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo (1959).mp3
50. George Jones - White Lightning (1959)
Offline link? Send me a pm and I'll try to upload it as soon as possible!!!!